Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What year is my Dean Guitar?




justin


The serial number is O06101350. It is a dean ml x and I just need to know the year


Answer
I worked in a guitar shop that sold Dean guitars for over 30 years, so I can probably identify it. Dean Zalinsky made some really nice stuff before selling the brand name. After that they were imported from Korea and the quality of these ranges from really crummy to not-so-bad, with a few that are actually pretty good. I spoke to Dean personally and he said he was making more money after changing over to imports and didn't have to work as hard as when he was hand making each guitar. Because of this history, serial numbers are pretty much meaningless. It would take close up photos from many angles to identify your guitar. If you send them, I will do my best.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment