Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I need a guitar case/bag?




Charger


I'm looking to buy a guitar case or bag for my Ibanez AEG20E acoustic-electric guitar, and I'm really not sure what to get. Here's a pic of my guitar, and it's the shape that I'm concerned about.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEG20E-Flamed-Sycamore-Top-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=519756

I don't really feel like spending $100+ on the Ibanez custom made cases so...I'm thinking this one looks good, but again, it's not the standard dreadnaught shape:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Elite-Series-Acoustic-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=541771


So yeah, let me know if you have a similar guitar, or case or whatever, and what you did/would do.



Answer
First, let me say that gig bags are poor protection for your guitar....better than nothing, but really not by much. You get what you pay for, and a hardshell case will protect your guitar much better.
I don't know for sure if the gig bag you linked to will fit, but the dimensions are listed on the web.

Musician's Gear Elite Series Acoustic Guitar Gig Bag Specifications:

* Dimensions:
* Length: 43 "
* Body: 23"
* Lower Bout: 17"
* Upper Bout: 14"
* Depth: 5"

You can simply measure your guitar and see if it will fit. Most of the measurements are self exploratory, but you may be unfamiliar with the term "upper and lower bouts." These are just the wide spots in the figure 8 shape. The lower bout is the rearmost and widest spot. The upper bout is the other wide spot closest to the neck. Since yours has a cutaway body, measure to where the bout would be if the cutaway wasn't there.
The length is the overall length of the body and neck combined.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment