Friday, August 30, 2013

How can I make a remote switch for my guitar amp?

guitar wall mount
 on woodbrass k m 16280 000 00 guitar wall mount black
guitar wall mount image



Sebastian


I'm planning on wall mounting my guitar amp in a corner and I want to know how to make a remote switch so I can have my guitar by my bed and just pick up and play. Could I use old RC car parts? How long would the battery for the receiver last (to see if its even worth the trouble) any information you can give will help.


Answer
If you are handy with electronics I don't see why using old RC car parts wouldn't work. You could use one channel interfaced to a power relay to turn the amp off and on and re-purpose the steering servo to control volume. If you do use them that way I would power the receiver with an AC power adapter rather than battery power so you don't have to worry about the battery running out on the receiver.
Hope I've pointed you in the right direction, good luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment