Friday, August 30, 2013

How much should I sell these instruments for on Craigs List?

guitar cases hard acoustic
 on SKB Freedom Acoustic Guitar Hard Case (Locking) (Parker) for $80 for ...
guitar cases hard acoustic image



Bastian Ba


I have a child size acoustic Squier guitar and hard case, a child size Cremona violin with two bows in a nice hard case, and a regular size Gemeinhardt flute in a nice hard case, all used.
I want to sell them on craigs list, they're all in fairly good condition. Does anyone know how much I could sell them for?



Answer
I don't know what area you live in but unless you're really pressed for time you might have better luck on EBay. I've recently tried to sell some items on Craigslist that I don't need (computer equipment, big screen TV) and the responses I got were jokes. For one thing there is a big scam on Craigslist where people offer to buy your item for more than you ask for it, and then try to get you to ship it to a third party address in Nigeria using a fake Paypal account. I didn't fall for this myself but this scam is very widely known on Craigslist.

The "real" people who responded all either offered to buy my stuff for jokingly low amounts or they wanted me to take payments, hold a check for weeks, things like that. I didn't find any of the replies I got on Craigslist to be from serious buyers.

Then I listed them on EBay and got almost exactly what I wanted for them, hassle free.

You should do some online research to get an idea of what your items are worth. No matter where you post them, you need to ask a reasonable price and the only way to do that is to research.

Hope this helps.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment