Monday, August 26, 2013

How much is it to have binding professionally put on a Les Paul Guitar?

guitar repair kit
 on PopScreen - Video Search, Bookmarking and Discovery Engine
guitar repair kit image



Bigjohn939


I am making a Les Paul from a guitar kit, and I'm having it painted white, and I want to get Black bindings on the edges, and I wanted to know how much it would cost to get it professionally done. Also If you think that would look good on it, or if you think I should go for an all white look, I would appreciate that too. Thanks Very Much!!!


Answer
take the body to a guitar repair shop or a good cabinet maker....the wood will have to be routed....I'd charge you about $40-50 bucks just for that (I was a cabinet maker)....applying the binding shouldn't be that hard once it's routed....I've seen pictures of the process..basically just gluing and rubber bands or padded clamps to hold it until it dries.... some finish sanding with fine sand paper to smooth it out then buffing....another $50- $70....but look for Luther'suthiers (makers) online and ask about their prices....


I think the black (or another color) binding would look good....you wouldn't see a white binding on white finish.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment