Monday, August 26, 2013

Is there anything I need to know before getting new guitar strings?

guitar xl
 on an excerpt from the four-hour DVD guitar course, Logical Lead Guitar ...
guitar xl image



Jake


I need new strings for my electric guitar, and I just wanted to know if theres anything special I should know before I just buy random strings. I just get the feeling the clerk is gonna throw a million questions at me about my guitar. Thanks.


Answer
There's a type of string for every taste. People get hung up on the brand, composition of the metal, coatings, etc. If you don't know what you want or need, it comes down to a few simple choices.
1. Acoustic or electric (you want electric)
2. String gauge: Medium, Light, Extra Light or Custom. (You probably want Light or Extra Light)
3. Brand: The only way you are going to find out which brand you like is to try different ones

Ask for recommendations or just try something. I play professionally and use D'Addario XL (in a super light gauge 009-042)



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment