Wednesday, April 24, 2013

can a guitar distortion pedal be used on a bass?

guitar distortion
 on Guitar FX Box Review | Guitar Fact
guitar distortion image
Q. ok so yeah, the question is pretty straight forward, would it be advised against to use a guitar distortion pedal with a bass guitar? or is there a reason, like, would it be bad for the amp or something like that?


Answer
I'm not sure if it poses any danger to the amp, but I've used my guitar distortion pedal for my bass before and it hasn't caused any damage. The tone wasn't really that great though; a lot of the lows were sucked out of it. I tried turning the tone knob on my P-bass all the way off with the lows on the amp boosted and it got a sound similar to the intro of the song Hysteria by Muse so that was pretty cool.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment