Thursday, April 25, 2013

How should I pack my acoustic guitar for moving if I don't have a hard shell case?

guitar bag
 on Guitar Bag ( Guitar Bag)
guitar bag image



DerangedBa


I'm moving in a few days and my acoustic guitar and all my other belongings are going to have to endure a 6 hour truck ride. Problem is I don't have a hard shell case and I can't afford one. I only have a soft gig bag. How can I pack the guitar to ensure it doesn't get cracked or damaged in some way? Should I pack clothes in the guitar bag to provide cushioning? Please help me. thanks


Answer
You could use a large cardboard box, place the guitar (with the gigbag) in the middle and then pack bubble wrap and then clothes around it. The guitar could also be placed in a deep freezer that's loaded on the truck, wrapped in bubblewrap, towels, clothing, etc. Just use caution with what else you pack in the freezer or the cardboard box.

Don't bother packing more clothes within the gigbag other than keeping the instrument stabilized.
Your main priority is to stabilize the guitar inside good packing material so it won't jostle around.

Good luck with your move.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment