Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What material can substitute the earth to create a portable electrical ground for a guitar amplifier?

guitar amplifier
 on 60W Guitar Amplifier - RED - Page65
guitar amplifier image



Metalman


I have a guitar amplifier which makes unwanted noise when I connect my guitar to it. It happens because the amp is not connected to ground because my house's electrical wiring is bad. I manually connected the the gorund line to the earth and the sound went away. What I want to know is, Can I connect the ground line to another source with high capacitance (such as the earth) and let it be small and portable at the same time?


Answer
Do you have copper old medal water pipes that go into the earth where
you have seen this. If so you can use that as a ground while at home
but when you leave your house seek compliance grounded wired sites.
There is no fake ground substitute that I know of. It sounds like you
know your home is a danger if an appliance gets grounded and you or
someone comes in contact with it.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment