Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Guitar problems doing my head in?

guitar nut
 on it s called a slide guitar nut extension stew mac
guitar nut image



mon the ho


Recently just got my new guitar nut strung it up but sounds horrible its a seagull guitar, the nut still isn't settling snug in the slot, just like the old one wasn't either any suggestion i am willing to take it to a luither but cant afford more than £30 quid as i just lost my job.
There's a cutaway where the nut fits, mine is slopeing downwards.



Answer
Try a lighter guage set of strings.
Maybe you are fitting the guitar with heavy (.13) gauge strings and the guitar was built for light (.12 or even .11) guage strings. Contact the manufacterer or a Seagull guitar dealer to find out the correct string guage.
Also, it kind of sounds to me like you are talking about the bridge saddle, and not the nut. The saddle is located on the BODY of the guitar; the NUT is located at the end of the neck, before the headstock (where the tuning pegs are located). I don't mean to insult you, it's just that from your wording "it doesn't fit in the slot" I thought perhaps you meant the saddle doesn't fit in the bridge. If the saddle doesn't fit in the bridge, simply wedge a piece of thin cardboard in between the saddle and the slot it fits into until the saddle is nice and snug (I used to use part of a matchbook cover back in the early '80s when I had this problem...my guitar teacher smoked and he taught me that trick.)
*I hope one of these recommendations does the trick for you.
Feel free to email you if you have any questions regarding my answer.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment