Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm learning guitar and just got a pick, but I can barely play while using it. What do I do?

guitar instruction
 on Guitar Lessons For Beginners
guitar instruction image



Termite


I've been self-teaching myself guitar for a few days now with the guitar instruction book Hal Leonard Guitar Method and just got around to buying a pick. I'd been picking notes with my thumb up until now. Using the pick, I can barely play even some of the simplest tunes that I've learned so far so I have a question:

Is it necessary to use a pick? What are the advantages to using a pick over using my fingers?



Answer
A pick is a completely different technique from finger plucking or finger strumming and if it doesn't work for you now, get good at handling the fingering and all the variations of finger strumming and if you find something where pick works for you, then pick it up then. There are a variety of skills involved in handling a guitar and you have time to learn them



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment