Friday, April 26, 2013

How do I turn images into guitar pick shapes using gimp or photoshop?

guitar jewelry
 on Check out this cool guitar made out of black plastic LEGO building ...
guitar jewelry image
Q. I already make bottle cap images and scrabble tile images using GIMP. I also have photoshop but I don't know how to make the images on there yet. Right now I need to know how to make regular images into the shape of guitar picks to print out and customize guitar picks into awesome jewelry or what ever. Can someone please help? And also if anyone could tell me how to make any kind of images for bottle caps or scrabble tiles etc on photoshop, info would be greatly appreciated for that too. Thanks.
Pbrush doesn't help. I don't quite understand your instructions. Thanks anyway.
There is no pen tool on GIMP only paint brush and pencil tool. I want to be able to print out the shaped images and glue them on guitar picks so I need to make sure I make them in the right size and shape for a real guitar pick.


Answer
That would be very simple in GIMP or Photoshop - both are more or less identical for simple tasks like this.

Simply open an image in GIMP, use the pen tool to make a guitar pick shape (a vector path). Hit enter on your keyboard to turn the path to a selection, right click the layer in the layers dialog and choose add layer mask, choose the option "from selection", then hit Add.

Add a new background layer, drag it under your guitar pick layer, fill the new bakcground layer with colour using Edit > Fill with FG colour.

@ MW don't be ridiculous, GIMP opens images in less than a second.

EDIT> YES THERE IS A PEN TOOL IN GIMP - it's called the "Paths Tool" - the icon is a "Pen" - here's a tutorial which describes how to use it http://www.squidoo.com/gimp-tutorial-the-pen-tool - here's the user manual page for the Paths Tool http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-tool-path.html



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment