Monday, April 29, 2013

What guitar pedals are good for playing live?

guitar delay pedal
 on Zoom G1Xn guitar multi effects pedal with wah, delay and distortion
guitar delay pedal image



Jesse


I have a wah, big muff, a tuner and delay pedal. I'm look to add a tube screamer and reverb pedal, and maybe a noise reducer.

Does anyone think I need a booster pedal to get my sound out for live shows and guitar leads?



Answer
Tube Screamer is an excellent choice..one of my favorite pedals.

I have a Hush noise reduction pedal, but the problem is, it only stops the noise when you're not playing. I have since change my pickups in my Strat to noise reduction pickups and this is a much better system.

Here's my current pedal setup from guitar to amp...

Vox Wah..except for one or two songs, I mostly use this as a tone control.
MXR Dynacomp
MXR Distortion +
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss Tremelo
Boss Chorus
Boss Digital Delay

I use a Roland JC-120 for live shows, and it has excellent chorus and reverb, so I don't see the need for a reverb pedal. I actually prefer the amp chorus over the Boss chorus pedal, which I use for maybe one or two songs a night.

I'd say get the Tube Screamer, and Guitar Player Mag says the cheaper ones sound pretty much like the more expensive models.

Also some kind of compressor, like my Dyna Comp, is a great addition.

If you're having nosie problems, remember, batteries are quieter (usually..until they get old) then plugging your pedals into often unshielded wall outlets.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment