Monday, July 29, 2013

Can you put electric guitar pickups on an acoustic guitar?

guitar mount
 on ... May 2011 under Guitar 1001 - Auction 2 Guitar , Guitar Building Logs
guitar mount image



blacksockb


I'd like to mount a humbucker to an old acoustic to see what it sounds like. I haven't been able to find any evidence online of anyone doing this sort of thing, and I know I'm not that original. Any ideas? Is there some obvious reason why I shouldn't do it?


Answer
Yes, it can be done. You have to know a little bit about wiring, a little bit about woodworking, and have the realization that it will be a lot of fiddling about til it comes out 'right'.

Here are th pit falls:
1) it will never sound as clean when played unplugged again.
2) The acoustic, not having the same sort of bracing as even a hollow body electric will mean that it is LIKELY to feedback often and uncontrollably.

Other than that - have at it!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment