Monday, July 29, 2013

How big are the holes for a tuning peg on a guitar?

guitar earrings
 on Guitar Earrings_sterling silver-detailed guitars!
guitar earrings image



Seth


I would like to know how big a hole is on a standard guitar, such as a Fender Stratocaster, for the tuning pegs. For two reasons: 1) Because I am planning on making a custom guitar sometime next year, and 2) I was thinking about getting a gauge the same size as a tuning peg so I could have the tuning peg as an earring/gauge. Please let me know how big the gauge would have to be. Thanks.
-Seth



Answer
Fender Stratocasters typically have .390/.406-inch (10mm) diameter mounting holes in the headstock to accommodate the .375-inch (3/8) diameter center section of the tuners. Wearing one as an earing could get a bit heavy on the lobe after a few hours; not something I would advise pursuing, but I admit it would look pretty cool! Best regards, Dana



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment