Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's the difference between beginners guitar and regular guitar?

guitar kids
 on Clipart Happy Father Playing Guitar While His Kids Sing Royalty Free ...
guitar kids image
Q. Okay, so I'm looking to purchase an acoustic guitar online and I'm noticing that some guitars have "beginners" next to it while others don't. I'm somewhat new to guitars not really, but I don't know if I'd consider myself a beginner. Is there really a difference between the two? If so, then what?


Answer
There is nothing that makes a guitar a "beginner" guitar other than price and quality. A beginner might want to buy a very cheap guitar if he's not sure he's going to stick with it. The problem is, a cheap guitar can discourage a beginner because of it's bad tone and hard action. You can get a very nice guitar for $300, suitable for a beginner, yet something you can be proud to own for many years (See link). The cheap guitars are for kids. I had a cheap Harmony guitar when I was 7. I loved it and learned on it. Around age 12 I knew it was time to upgrade. That's when I bought my first inexpensive but decent guitar. Good luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment