Saturday, July 27, 2013

How to remove a guitar peg with the string stuck inside?

guitar winder
 on All magnets are not the same, and PAF pickups have a significant ...
guitar winder image



Emily


So I was replacing my guitar strings today and on the low E string, I realized I had put it in a little funny because the peg kept popping out. But when I tried to remove the peg, the little metal bit on the end of the string jammed the peg hole and prevented me from removing it. Does anybody know how I can remove the peg?


Answer
Put the A string peg back in. Wrap a car key in a piece of cloth (shirt tail?). Stick it between the pins and pry it out.

or, Use the notch thats in your string winder. Its made for that.

And my favorite for last is, use a pair of side cutters and carefully pry it out.

Always protect the guitar with cloth.

And next time, make sure the string slides in the slot of the pin instead of jamming the pin in and squishing the string against the bridge face inside :)



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment