Saturday, July 27, 2013

How do I run my guitar to an XLR plug on my PA Mixer Amp?

guitar xlr
 on The C 419 is a brass/wind instruments microphone that is fixed to the ...
guitar xlr image



hello


How do I run my guitar to an XLR plug on my PA Mixer Amp?

The guitar has normal 1/4" mono plug. I want to plug it into an XLR jack on my PA.

Also, how will phantom power play into my being able to do this?



Answer
You would use a DI Box with 1/4" inputs and XLR outs like this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Behringer-DI100-Studio-and-Stage-DI-Box-NEW_W0QQitemZ260075572499QQihZ016QQcategoryZ3278QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem ) This box will convert your 1/4" mono plug to a balanced XLR. Phantom power should not be used on this connect. Phantom power is used to provide power to condenser mics. Hope this helps!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment