Sunday, July 28, 2013

Is there anything i can download to record me playing guitar as a sound file?

guitar recorder
 on Learning Guitar-Making Your Own Music
guitar recorder image



Evil Bunny


well
i'm trying to record myself playing guitar
Sound Recorder isn't working for me
can anyone tell me where to download something to help record?



Answer
There's tons of awesome software you can use to record, i myself do some home recording.

The two "user friendly" ones that i have used are Cakewalk Sonar 6 and Steinberg's Cubase 4. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out these programs and they have good audio quality.

I would also suggest that you get yourself a good recording interface. This converts your audio signals into computer waves. I have owned two interfaces. One was the Lexicon Alpha USB interface. That one goes for $99 bucks and it does the job. The one i'm using now is the Presonus Firebox, for $299. This interface has 2 mic/cable imputs that you can use at the same time to record two different instruments or to record in stereo. It also has 4 extra inputs in the back, but it will only come out as two channels. With these two items, you get really good home studio quality.

The software you can download anywhere just like music and tv shows. I'd say you buy the real deal to get all the extra add ons and to make sure you dont get a bug while downloading. It's good to pay for the real thing and get updates and downloads in the future.

Good luck with your hunt



Here is a little cheap recording i made some months ago with the Alpha interface. Don't expect an awesome piece, but listen to the ok audio quality,



www.myspace.com/nostalgial



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment