Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What are some recommendation for a starter guitar player?

guitar knobs black
 on Guitar pedal Effect Plastic potentiometer pointer knob,View plastic ...
guitar knobs black image



Cool Guy


So, I'm 100% new to guitar; I know close to absolute nothing. I'm looking for an electric guitar only, don't even bother recommending acoustic. To give you an idea of what kind of music I'm into, I listen to Trivium, Arch Enemy, Metallica, and Avenged Sevenfold. As for guitar sound, where does this come from? Is this the amp or tuning of the guitar? Essentially, I'm asking how you get that "metal" sound. As for price range of what I'm looking to spend, I was looking to spend around $200 total. I'm not sure what kind of quality that will buy me. I was looking to buy a lower middle quality guitar/amp. If I have to spend more, I definitely will consider it. If you recommend guitar, preferably link me something from another website like Guitar Center so I can thoroughly look at it. I'm unsure as to where to buy it too. Should I buy it from an online store or at a physical store like Guitar Center. Also, I'm going to be self taught (since I'm not close friends with someone that plays guitar) so are there any recommendations for books or websites that will help me get started? Any recommendations for anything at all would be greatly appreciated.


Answer
your best bet is to go in a guitar center and look around, tell the people there what your budget is and they will help you out. as for the 200, i dont think if that will get you what your looking for. sure there are kits like this for cheap: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Silvertone-Citation-Electric-Guitar-Package-Liquid-Black/10298395 however, they work well for a starter. you mentioned that you wanted that metal sound and that mostly comes from the amp setting ( all those knobs that you see ). any guitar can make any sound, some better than others but the amp really characterizes the sound. as for buying, go look around in guitar center and pawn shops, DO NOT buy from ebay or any private dealer, your sure to get crap and overpay. you can still buy online but from an official company not a single person.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment