Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How to write a song using theory?

guitar music theory
 on Supporting Aspiring Musicians towards a Professional Music Career ...
guitar music theory image



nathan


I think I have a good understanding of the basics of guitar music theory. I have learnt about scales, intervals, triads, modes, modulation and some other stuff. Not a great deal but I have a decent idea on it all, and if all else fails have a book that does know everything. I want to write some riffs but I don't really know how to put my theory into practice. Are there rules that should be followed or trends that make riffs popular?


Answer
Basics of music theory are helpful, but rules and scales don't help in composing music. Fresh melodic ideas are necessary. There does not help any theory book.

Cheers ebs



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment