Saturday, July 27, 2013

What kind of a guitar accessory gift should I buy my boyfriend for his birthday?

guitar kits build your own
 on ... amplifier kits directory guitar kits directory pedal kits directory
guitar kits build your own image



iWonder


I need to buy my boyfriend's birthday present but the only thing I know that he wants is a $300 guitar pedal, but I can't afford that at all! I wanted to be a little more creative than a gift card.HelP?


Answer
What a great question. And trust me, you are NOT alone.

I have been playing guitar for over 30 years and many people who buy me gifts often want to know "what I want" or "what I need" for guitar or music. I also teach guitar lessons and parents ask me that a lot as well for their kids.

Depending on your budget, here are a few ideas that are those things that you always use and keep handy:

Guitar Strings - Look around and see if you can find a spare set of strings that your boyfriend is using. If you can find the brand and the gauge of string you're in business. Go to the store and consider buying a "bulk pack" of those strings. Many times they have them on sale in sets of 10 and often with a free gift like a string winder or a pint glass with the Mfg's name on it.

Guitar Cleaning Kit - There are some great kits that have the string cleaner, fretboard cleaner and conditioner, guitar polisher and wax. Dunlop makes a great kit. See the sources below for the link.

Guitar MultiTool - If your boyfriend plays electric, a multitool specifically designed for guitar maintenence is a great gift. There are many to choose from. The most popular one right now is by JP Tool.

Picks - We guitar players are always losing our picks and can never have enough. You can buy them in a bag with 144 and its a great deal. The other option is search online for "custom picks" and you can have picks made with his name on them and sent to you. I can guarantee that will be something he will always remember.

Effect Patch Cables - You mentioned that he wanted a $300 guitar pedal. While that might be out of your budget, it sounds like he is into guitar effects. One thing you can get that every guitar player loves is patch cables. They are those little short cables that hooks up all the other effect pedals together. I would consider a set of George L's effect cable kit. They are great because you can cut the cable to length and build your own cables in minute at the exact length you need. Guitar players love em and having a package of these is a great excuse to add more effects to our pedal boards. See the sources below to get more info.

Finally, most online guitar retail sites have special gift sections and accessories sections. I'd consider going to one of those sites like musiciansfriend or american musical and going to the accessories link and look under gifts. You can sort the results by price and find something within your budget. MusiciansFriend has a great "gift finder" page. You just put in your amount you want to spend and it helps you find the perfect gift.


Hope this helps and good luck.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment