Friday, November 1, 2013

Do I need to replace the strings if I replace the bridge pins on an acoustic guitar?

guitar bridge pins
 on Lone Wolf Guitars - Custom Guitar Options - Bridge Pins
guitar bridge pins image



Gabriel


I'm replacing the bridge pins on my acoustic guitar and I just replaced the strings. Will I need to replace the strings with new ones again if I want to replace the bridge pins?


Answer
Nope, here's a trick: Capo your guitar around the 3rd or 4th fret. Tune your guitar down until the strings are pretty loose but not so much that they come unraveled from the tuner posts, so you can tune back up. That should allow you to pull your bridge pins out and install the new ones, remove the capo and tune back up.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment