Thursday, November 7, 2013

What to plug a double neck guitar bass into?

guitar bass
 on Roland G-33 Bass Guitar Synthesizer Controller GR-33B
guitar bass image
Q. I'm thinking about getting a double neck (guitar/bass) and I was wondering what most people would do to plug it into. Maybe a bass amp, and then EQ the guitar using the preamp on the guitar (cut bass, and even it out)? I don't think it would be a good idea to plug into a guitar amp because the bass frequencies will damage the open back speakers of a guitar cab. Anyone know what to do? Thanks.


Answer
I've owned a couple of these over the years, and it's almost mandatory to have 2 amp rigs. When I was using these, I was primarily a bass player so I had a decent bass rig. For the guitar side, I started out using a small Fender Deluxe.

Seriously, if you can afford a double-neck like that, you can afford a second amp. Most companies that do sell them are built-to-order. The cheap knock-off stuff out of China is horrible unless you really like plywood guitars.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment