Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What kind of amp or sound system do I need for a guitar and mic?

guitar xlr
 on Ebtech by Morley HE-8 XLR Hum Elminator Level Shifter - 8-Channel ...
guitar xlr image



jr132336


I play guitar and sing and want to start playing some shows and am looking for a new amp. I only have my guitar and my mic, so what exactly do I need to play like bars and clubs and stuff. I am looking for a completely clean amp, because I play blues stuff.


Answer
If you are looking to run both channels through the amp, you will need an amp that accepts both a quarter inch jack and an XLR (mic) input. The best setup for that is the bose L1 system that will run you quite a bit.
You can also try to find a fender acoustic amp that has both channels or a Trace Elliot TA800 that has 2 channels. The vocals will sound mediocre on these types of amps.

The best option is to see if the bar has a sound system and then bring some good "pre" equipment. Get an Avalon U5 DI for an acoustic.

Stephen
http://guitarmann.com



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment