Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What's the best practice "schedule" for guitar?

guitar theory
 on Learning Music Theory. The Beginning | Lessons @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
guitar theory image



Farron R�


I've been playing guitar for a couple years now, and all I can do is improv the blues. I want to play more rock and metal. I can do a couple techniques like tapping, pinch harmonics, a little sweeping and I'm practicing tremolo picking. I have also never really learned guitar theory, scales or anything like that.
Could you share your guitar practice schedules or something or tell me what I should learn?



Answer
Guitar Theory is actually pretty important when you want to start writing music because it essentially provides you with a formula for a great song. If you are serious about continuing to learn the guitar, I would suggest getting someone to teach you, be it a friend, or a professional. When I was just learning I didn't like to practice alone and I still don't. Try to find a friend with a similar taste in music to play along with, it's great to at least have someone to talk to while your practicing between lessons. I have a very underdeveloped schedule so I really just take a lesson every Tuesday in the suburban town I live in. And if I feel like it, I'll grab my guitar and play through a couple songs in between Xbox games or something. you don't need a specific time on the clock, just a certain amount of time a week that you want to practice. I would suggest between 1 and 3 hours. ---Hope this Helped



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment