Friday, May 31, 2013

Can I remove sticker glue of my guitar head head stock with ronsonol?

guitar zippo on Briquet Zippo Guitar in Flames � Personnaliser
guitar zippo image



D


I bought my strat 5 years ago.
The stupid store HAD to put their store logo on the guitar head. I ripped the sticker of because I got mad at it and now there is a pretty big spot of glue on the guitar......great

Will ronsonol or any zippo style fuels damage the guitar finish?
It says on the container that it is excellent for removing glue. But im afraid of damaging my guitar



Answer
Lighter fluid (naptha) works very well, and used sparingly (not allowed to puddle and dry) will not damage your finish. Just apply a little to a soft cloth (microfiber is best), and gently remove the offending glue. Since you left the sticker on for so long, the glue itself may have etched the finish; in that case, use a quality guitar polish (after the naptha) to smooth the surface. Best regards, Dana

P.S. Norm has a lot more experience than me in working with guitar finishes, so I would defer to his recommendations. I have always had good success with naptha, but maybe I have just been lucky!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment