Friday, May 31, 2013

Should I get the Soul by Ludacris SL150 headphones?

guitar iphone 4 case
 on Guitar iPhone 4 Cases, Guitar iPhone 4S Case/Cover Designs
guitar iphone 4 case image



Matthew


Right now I have the Skullcandy Hesh 2.0 and I think they're okay. I've been looking into the Soul by Ludacris SL150 and SL300 headphones because on Amazon they're like $99.98 to $115.99 when they retail for $199. There is nothing wrong with my current headphones, I just want something better. If I were to get the Souls, I will be giving my Skullcandy headphones to my older brother. I don't usually have money (I'm 15, turning 16 May 4th) but since my birthday is coming up I will have enough money. Should I keep my current headphones or get the Souls (I REALLY want them btw). Thanks in advance.


Answer
Buy Ludacris SL300WB

I have been listening to the SL300 for the past couple of weeks quite a lot and enjoying every second of having these. The outstanding feature of these headphones that make them a high quality music experience is how well balanced they are. I go to quite a lot of live music and when the sound engineer gets it right you enjoy every instrument and vocals on their own and together. That is what I feel listening to these. The Sl300 to me in no manner or form have too much bass, they let you feel the backbone but also everything else.

I have been listening to a lot of my favorites on these which I have heard hundreds of times in order to compare to past headphone experiences. And I am impressed. Crisp, full sound, GREAT vocals, everything is separated and distinct but that works to create a deeper layered experience. I have even noticed some of my inferior MP3 recordings with these more. They reproduced the poorly engineered ones clearer than my other headphones. But the good recordings have shined like never before.

I have been using the Sl300 on my iPhone and Zune. You get 2 cords. Both are a perfect thickness and they really haven't tangled up. The difference is one has a three button remote control for IOS devices and the other one doesn't. You can use whichever cord whenever, but the remote will only work for IOS devices. The remote is handy on the iPhone. It sits close to your head and you can't see the buttons. But various combinations of button pushing lets you pause, skip tracks, fast forward, volume control, answer calls, and ignore calls. Would also be useful at night in bed with an IPad at your feet letting you pause, fast forward, skip scene, etc. The case is nice and has a useful inner mesh pocket where you can store the other cord, airline connector, etc.

The other important aspect to headphones beyond the sound is how comfortable they are. If they are a pain to wear then the sound quality doesn't matter. The Sl300 are heavy...but thankfully very comfortable. You can't wear them running. But kicking back, mowing (awesome with the sound cancelling), walking, house work, no problem. Very well cushioned ear pieces, easily adjustable sizing, and comfortable head band. Sound cancelling works well. I barely heard my electric mower, which is not as noisy as a gas mower but still makes good noise. Around the house I can't hear anything, not even someone next to me. You have the option to use them without noise cancelling and they sound good. Not as good, but better than most headphones.

There is a moderate amount of sound leakage. Not too bad, but there is some. There is also a high low output option. On the iPhone and Zune I have had it set at high and I am listening at around 50%-70% volume on those. They will go higher than comfortable so good sound output. One odd thing I noticed was how thin and frankly cheap the plastic is on the outside of the earpiece where the Soul logo is. Then I realized it was a trade-off to get the glowing effect other reviews have mentioned. You can light up the head pieces and they had to make the plastic thin to make the lighting effect more dramatic. No big deal and it doesn't distract from an excellent pair of headphones useful for almost any imaginable musical genre.

I listen to Bob Schneider, Phish, John Williams (Star Wars and classical guitar), James Taylor, Gomez, John Mayer, Cannonball Adderley, Altan, Van Morrison, Slaid Cleaves, to name a few of my favorites. Basically everything but, ironically rap, country, and heavy metal. But these are, thankfully, not headphones for the rap lover soley but for all music lovers. And I am thankful that I am enjoying music more than ever before with these.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment