Friday, May 24, 2013

what is a great playing and sounding classical guitar (i am not looking for a cheap one)?

guitar yamaha c40
 on yamaha gigmaker acoustic guitar pack natural $ 159 99 the yamaha ...
guitar yamaha c40 image



Trent


Hello everyone, I am looking for another classical guitar right now I have a cheap Yamaha C40 and I am planning on studying classical guitar as a major in college. I need a Great sounding, preforming, high quality, top dollar classical guitar. I need something that will last me for the rest of my life basically, I am not shopping by prices I am shopping for quality and tone. Any Suggestions?


Answer
If you are serious about playing classical guitar, avoid all the common names. Gibson, Martin, Taylor, Fender, etc, all make great electric and acoustic instruments. But if you're looking for a classical guitar that is truly high performance, you'll need to buy a guitar built by someone who has a true love for the classical guitar. The big names listed above build classical guitars more as a side project than a thing of true importance to them. You can get a much better sounding guitar for the same price from someone whose passion is building classical guitars.
Guitar Salon International carries some of the best guitars out there, but they come with a very serious price tag. I recommend the Philadelphia Classical Guitar Store (full disclosure: I'm a former employee). They carry instruments suitable for a student. A lot of the guys in my guitar program played Giambaptistas.

http://www.classicalguitarstore.com
Reyes, Picado, Giambaptista (sp?), and Lucida Artista all make great guitars from $400-$3,000.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment