Saturday, May 25, 2013

How do I know what type of strings to put on my electric guitar?

guitar xl
 on ... 1900 guitar player pablo picasso 1910 guitar player anders zorn 1900
guitar xl image



escapedmel


There are so many choices that I'm not sure which one to pick. Plus, I don't know what type of strings are on my electric guitar currently. Help?


Answer
In many cases, you can go to the manufacturers website and find the "gauge" strings that came on the guitar. This is a good starting point. If you use the same gauge, you won't have to worry about making any adjustments. If you can't find the info, Light gauge with a high E string of .009 is probably a safe choice. The brand you choose is less important than the gauge....in fact, most people experiment with a few brands until they find one they like best.

I've been using D'Addario XL strings for longer than I can remember, but at this point, it's more out of habit than anything else. You can try Ernie Ball, Fender, or any other major brand.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment