Tuesday, May 28, 2013

what does a bass sound like with guitar pickups?

guitar pickups
 on Submitted by guitar-list on Sun, 2009-02-15 08:54
guitar pickups image



atlasmack0


What would a Fender Precision Bass sound like with telecaster guitar pickups? Is that even possible? I'm trying to settle a bet, I don't see how it can be done.


Answer
Wouldn't sound good. A Tele pickup is designed for high end sounds, that's why people say the Tele has the twang. A bass pickup is designed to pick up lower frequencies. It would be a nightmare mounting a Tele pick up in a P Bass, it would also make it muddy or tinny, depending on where the tone is. I own a Tele and P Bass, been playing professionally since I was 12, I'm 27 now. If he's wanting to change the pick ups, look at other options, guitar pickups are designed for guitar, and bass is desigend for bass, I wouldn't interchange them. Talk to a guitar repair guy. Every guitar player should make a friend in a good one.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment