Friday, May 31, 2013

Will a dreadnought acoustic fit in a classical gig bag?

guitar gig bag
 on Gp COMPARE Sizes of the Best Travel Guitars
guitar gig bag image



alexandra


So I have a 4/4 dreadnought Takamine and I was wondering if it will fit in the Thomann Classic-Guitar Gig Bag (I can buy it really cheap). What do you guys think?

I measured the bottom part of the guitar and it's about 41 cm but the gig bag has only 40 cm - do you think it will fit nice? Thanks in advance!



Answer
Classical guitars typically have much smaller bodies than dreadnoughts. It's not simply the width (which you've measured as 1cm too narrow) how about the length and depth? It looks like the gig bag is 105 x 40 x 12cm What are the other dimensions of your guitar? No matter how good the price, I think I'd shy away from the deal unless you could actually try it out first.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment