Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How should the strings be on my guitar?

guitar gifts
 on MUSIC GIFTS: GUITAR: SIGNS: Guitar Zone Sign, Gifts for Guitar Players ...
guitar gifts image



Fly


I've gotten a guitar (gift) and it's symmetrical so i'm guessing a left handed or a right handed person could use it. I haven't took guitar lessons yet so i need some basic help. I'm left handed so should i how should i be holding the guitar? If my left hand is doing the strumming/stroking...and my right hand is at the head-side of the guitar, the strings are from thinnest to thickest from top to bottom.


Answer
Well, you CAN play like that (both Jimi Hendrix and Dick Dale did), but it might be harder to form certain chords. If you want to change the strings around so that the thickest are the ones closest to you, I would recommend taking it to a guitar shop because they need to change the nut (the piece near the headstock that holds the strings in place) to fit the strings in their new position. Hope you have fun learning to play the guitar!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment