Saturday, May 25, 2013

How would I go about bejeweling a guitar?

guitar decorations
 on ... for my brother in laws 21st birthday. It is a replica of his guitar
guitar decorations image



vleeglane4


I would like to know how I can bejewel my guitar. I want to use rhinestones but I dont know what kind of glue to use or if it would effect the sound of the guitar?
So I want to bejewel my guitar. I mean with Rhinestones and Glue, and they would be completely covering the guitar's surface, but what kind of glue would I need so that it would make it sound weird. Will it make it sound weird?



Answer
I want to do the same thing! But now I'm worried it's gonna affect the sound too....dang it! I have this ugly circle "decoration" that came on my guitar (a $60 one of ebay lmao) and I want to get rid of it by rhinestoning it. I've been googling and it looks like you can buy rhinestones a rhinestone glue (yes, actual glue specifically made for rhinestone application) from any craft store or online. I'm really considering doing this but I really really hope it doesn't affect the sound.

Taylor Swift supposedly rhinestoned her own guitar with glue and rhinestones (http://media.photobucket.com/image/taylor%20swift%20sparkly%20guitar/allenaw88/taylorswift07_3_v_e.jpg)...and I don't know if it affected the sound of her guitar or not but she still plays with it on stage and everything so I'm guessing not....

I don't know yet. But good luck and have fun rhinestoning!



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment