Thursday, May 30, 2013

What is proper sitting posture to sing while playing guitar?

guitar foot rest
 on ... FS100B Adjustable Folding Guitar Foot Rest Stool Footrest New | eBay
guitar foot rest image



Frankie Do


I am quite experienced guitar player but I've just started learning how to sing. I've noticed, while singing posture is quite important, but I can't find any good posture for singing while sitting playing guitar. All postures are while standing. :/


Answer
I typically stand as well when I'm singing and playing, but when I've wanted to sit and create a more casual feel, I find the best way is to use a stool with horizontal slats. I put my right heel up on the slat so the knee is up and the guitar rests across that leg, and I leave my left leg down so my foot is flat on the floor about a foot in front of the stool. This helps me be able to keep my back straight and not be slouched over, which is important so you can sing properly.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment