Monday, May 27, 2013

What kind of guitar strings should I buy?

guitar strings
 on Replacing Guitar Strings
guitar strings image



Wendy


I need to buy new guitar strings because mine are really old, But I don't know which ones to buy. I play mostly country songs, Like the band Perry and Taylor Swift. Any suggestions what size/brand I should get? (The gotta be steel strings)

Thank you!



Answer
Assuming you have an acoustic guitar, I'd go with a set of light gauge phosphor bronze Martin or D'Addario strings. I've used both of those brands for many years and really like them.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin-M540-Phosphor-Bronze-Light-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings---3-Pack-621162-i1491024.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2076221.gc

For $5 a set I usually buy them in bulk and change them every month or two. I don't waste money on coated strings.

Strings are really a personal preference though and you might need to experiment a while to find the best ones for your guitar and the tone you like. You might like medium strings better but I'd stick with light gauge when you're learning to play because they're easier to play on. Heavier strings have more tone and volume but are harder to play on (although I've been playing for 40 years, have lots of callouses, and still prefer light gauge strings on my Guild dreadnought acoustic guitar).



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment