Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How does an Ibanez output jack work?

guitar output jack
 on Guitar Bass End Pin Output Jack
guitar output jack image



dallas<3


I'm new to playing elctric guitars but it seems the output jack on my ibanez isn't making any connection with the lead, I tried another lead but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Also the nut seems loose but it's always been that way and I never had any problems with it before. If I could get some information on how the output jack works it might really help me to fix it. Also if you think you might know what the problem is please let me know.


Answer
When you plug the cable into the jack, it makes contact with a strip of metal that's bent to match the indented part of the tip of the cable connection. It's pretty common for that to become loose over time. If you feel comfortable taking it apart, then you can just bend it back some by hand. Also check if all the connections are still together. Also, is the guitar active? By that, I mean do the pick ups get a boost from a 9volt battery? If it does and the battery is dead, then that could also be your problem.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment