Saturday, October 26, 2013

What do I do if my 3rd guitar string makes a twangy sound everytime I pick at it?

guitar making
 on ... 5000 sq. ft. facility is home to the Chicago School of Guitar Making
guitar making image



shady


It seems that my g string on my guitar makes this twangy sound now everytime i play a note its pisses me off, whats wrong with it? it sounds terrrible, is it bad for the guitar? what do i do?


Answer
Ok theres a few things that might be wrong.
1. In the nut... the groove could be too big, and the string might move around. You might need to replace the nut
2. You could have to fix your action. The neck might have too much back bow... so take an allen wrench and loosen the truss rod(The bar that goes through the neck) But be careful i screwed up one of my guitar's truss rods and now its sitting in my garage broken. It would be best to bring it in a shop to have it checked out.
3. It could be a problem with your bridge. The best thing to do would be to bring it in to your closest music store and have someone look at it. Hope i helped a little



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment