Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's the best way to connect my guitar to my laptop and record?

guitar rig 5
 on GUITAR LINK INTERFAC+GUITAR RIG 2,3,4+AMPLITUBE 3+AMPLIMETAL - N�o ...
guitar rig 5 image



D


I have a fender strat, fender cable, and Guitar Rig 5 on my laptop.

What's the best way to connect my guitar to laptop and record the sound/video?

Can I record the video with my webcam, and record the sound directly off Guitar Rig 5? I also have Audacity installed



Answer
A guitar to USB cable. There are some technical issues caused by user error due to lack of instructions.

1. Have no sound? The device needs to be listed as an input device on the computer. the way you will hear the guitar, such as with speakers, amp or headphones, is the output.

2. Hear crackling noises or delays while you play? You will need an ASIO driver such as ASIO4ALL. You will need to play with the buffer size and frequency.

There are multiple ways to record the sound and video. The easiest way is to output the pusic from the computer and record everything by camera with a built in mic. The more complex way is to use a mixer (hardware) with sofware such as Windows Movie Maker.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment