Sunday, October 27, 2013

I'm a beginner, should I buy nylon string or steel string guitar?

guitar yamaha c40
 on Yamaha C40 Classical Guitar - SV Guitars
guitar yamaha c40 image



Cat STN


Hey, I'm a beginner and I am planning to buy Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar, but I am worried that It might not be good for me since it is a steel string guitar, will it affect me? Will it make it much difference on playing nylon string? I heard that nylon string is more easier to play for a beginner, however I just don't like the sound. I like to Cat Steven songs and I would like to learn the songs.

So which should I buy Yamaha F310 Acoustic Guitar or Yamaha C40 Classical Acoustic Guitar?

Which is best for me. Thank you



Answer
You can learn just as easily on a steel-string. The strings are higher tension, but should be closer to the fretboard, and the neck is narrower. Either type of guitar can be difficult to play if not properly adjusted, so be sure to actually play the guitar you intend to buy.

The idea that everyone should learn on a classical is often regarded as somewhat outmoded now. Fortunately we no longer have to deal with old Harmony or Kay steel-strings with necks like baseball bats and action a mile high.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment