Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What is considered fast when playing scales on guitar?

guitar youth
 on Rasta Guitar Youth Tie Dye T-Shirt
guitar youth image



Michael


I still consider myself to be new to guitar 4 1/2 months, but I started playing the 5 pentatonic scale patterns and I practice up and down the neck in various keys and am just getting smooth at 250 bpm with various patterns. I'm playing on an acoustic. I just want to know what is considered to be fast? Thanks.


Answer
cbjr is right on.

Fast depends on the song, and the beats per measure each note is given.

If you're playing a song in 4/4 time, generally...16th notes would be considered fast..usually counted like... 1e and a, 2 e and a, 3 e and a, 4 e and a. Each of these 16 notes would have to be played in one 4 beat measure.

As others have said..it's not speed, it's feeling...and one last thing...do NOT neglect your rhythm playing.

You will never be a good lead guitarist, until your are a good rhythm guitarist.

Too many youths want to shred today and ignore areas of far more importance to being a good musician.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment