Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How can I fix the input jack on my bass guitar?

guitar jack plate
 on Chord UHF Dual Handheld Mic - DISCO * DJ * P.A. EQUIPMENT - GRAVITY -
guitar jack plate image



Trubud


My friend gave me his old bass guitar and the input jack is missing. There is just a hole in the bass where the jack nut and whatever else should go. How can I fix this without going through too much trouble? It is an old guitar and I can't afford to spend much money on it.


Answer
You should be able to get a new guitar output jack off of ebay. A guitar Jack will work on a bass, they are the same thing. It will only cost $5 or less. You will need one that comes with a plate that looks like it will fit. There should still be two wires coming from the pickups out to the hole black is negative and red is positive - the input jack should be labeled. The best thing to do is solder these wires in place so they don't come off, but you can jus tape them as a temporary fix.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment