Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How much is a guitar tuner and how do I pick one out?

guitar tuner clip on
 on Clip On Guitar Bass Violin Ukulele Tuner w LCD Screen
guitar tuner clip on image



Island Gir


I have an acoustic guitar and I'm new at it.
I'm trying to learn how to tune it half-step down.
And I know how.
You put a capo on the first fret.
Then tune it down to standard tuning.
But I don't know how.
So I need to know how much and how would I pick it?



Answer
Im sorry, everyone elses answers were either too far off base, or missed your question completely.

First off, you never tune a guitar with a capo on it and then remove the capo. Capo's can bend the strings and when you remove it, you can be out of tune already.

What you need is a chromatic tuner with a mic.

In the world of tuners, you do get what you pay for. I would suggest spending a decent amount of money on one and getting one that has both a mic, and you can plug an electric guitar into and then an output, so if you run it in an effects chain you don't need to unplug. Ones that take a 9v adapter in addition to a battery are excellent. Also, get one that lights up. They have basic black and grey LCD ones, some have a needle, but get one that lights up. If you ever are trying to tune in the dark (stage, campfire, bedroom, whatever) that will be a huge asset to you.

However, like you said, you are new at this. So, if that price tag is too big for you, get yourself a chromatic tuner with a mic and at least 1 input. Roland/Boss and Peterson make excellent tuners. They also have tuners that clip onto your headstock.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment