Sunday, September 29, 2013

Can i hook up a guitar with a usb cable to Fruity Loops?

guitar usb cable
 on Freeware Download: Usb Guitar Link Cable Driver
guitar usb cable image



Matt


I'm thinking of going out and buying a usb cable for my guitar so I can record some of the music I make. I have fruity loops and don't know if i'll be able to sync it up with my guitar. so if someone could help me, OR if I can't do this, someone please suggest some good software I can use with my guitar. Thank you guys!


Answer
You can do it actually. IF your guitar has a USB output(newer ones do) and you have a low latency sound card. My bass guitar only has a normal output jack, but I play it through my pc using the mic input. I cant use it in fruity though cause my soundcard is not low latency, so there is a very slight delay when I play it that way, which is very offputting.

What you need to do though is install the ASIO4ALL drivers first though, and set up FL to use the asio drivers instead of directx or soundcard drivers.

You then need to setup the IN input on a channel on the mixer and it will work no problem.

If you look in the help file for fruity it does describe this step by step, but it is easy to do.


Another alternative is Guitar Rig, its rather cool as it has all sorts of pedals and effects and stuff. Its tons of fun.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment