Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Will any bass guitar bridge work on my bass?

guitar bridge
 on Beginner Guitar Lesson : Parts of the Guitar
guitar bridge image



Kneufin


I have a Fender Jazz Bass and I'm remodeling it. New paint, new equipment, new look. I was wondering if any bass guitar bridge will work or do I need to get a bridge made specifically for a J-Bass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't answer if you don't know for sure. Thanks in advance!


Answer
The bridge is made to fit the contour of the guitar. The j-bass made bridges are made to fit that bass. It is possible that other bridges will work but, you can't use one that was made for the Horner bass, for instance, or any other bass that has a different contour than the j-bass. There are generic bridges that will fit almost any bass because they have built in adjustments to fit the contour of the guitar. Make sense to you?



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment