Saturday, September 28, 2013

Which end of the guitar cord do I plug into the guitar?

guitar cord
 on Guitar Tabs
guitar cord image



Jack


I just bought a Fender Standard Stratocaster and I'm trying to figure out which end of the guitar cord I plug into the guitar and which end I plug into the amp. My cord looks like the one in the link below.
Should I plug in the end that is bent 90 degrees into the guitar or the end that is straight?

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/mrockgla_done-bc04502dec88620324fc56f762b03123.jpg



Answer
With the cord you have, it will be best if you plug the straight one into the guitar.
However, for future reference any instrument cord will work on either end for either guitar or amp.

On a strat, the 90 degree plug will cause a lot of cable bending and can damage the cord.
the 90 degree plug is made more for guitars with output jack on the top of the body that go straight down.
like this Gibson:
http://www.usedgibsonguitars.co.uk/images/D/gibson_sg_8.jpg



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment