Thursday, September 26, 2013

How many inches is an acoustic guitar strap supposed to have?

guitar tuning pegs
 on ... effective tuning pegs that were used in all of my Bolinas Instruments
guitar tuning pegs image
Q. I ordered one from ebay and the max. length that I can adjust to is 57 inches. It's too small! I only have one lock button which is at the bottom of the guitar and I was going to tie the other end of that guitar strap near the tuning pegs. When I tried putting it on, it was too small. I'm searching on ebay for more straps but I can't find any that's over 57 inches long.


Answer
Take the guitar to your local music store and have them install a strap button at the heel of the neck. While you are there you can check out their selection of straps. Your standard guitar strap is adjustable, although the lengths will vary from 52 inches to 63 inches. Having a strap button at the heel of the neck will make it easier for you to adjust the strap to a comfortable length.
The strap button itself is a bout $1 The store might charge you a few bucks to put it on.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment