Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Where to I place my Boss Compression Pedal in my guitar setup?

guitar overdrive pedal
 on Fulltone Ocd Obsessive Compulsive Drive Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
guitar overdrive pedal image



Ryan C


Currently I go from my guitar to my boss overdrive pedal - dunlop wah- then to compression and on to the amp. I run a chorus through my effects loop.

Not sure if the compressoin needs to go at the end, beginning, or middle of the board.

Thanks



Answer
Compression SHOULD ALWAYS be at the front.


The reason for this is that the compression takes the peaks of your guitar signal.

Being after the distortion AND the wah, based on the settings chosen on your compressor, you will either cancel out certain parts of your distorted, wha'd signal, or do absolutely nothing and be a waste of space.

Hope that helps.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment