Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How should i take care of my nylon string guitar?

guitar martin
 on bass guitars guitar center about our bass guitars guitar center
guitar martin image



miggy232


I recently got an old nylon string guitar (a Martin that was made around 1963) and I was wondering how i should take care of it. I have been playing guitar for about five years and i have an electric and steel string acoustic, but i was wondering If i should take special care with the Martin, and if so, what should I be doing differently with the Martin?


Answer
Play it and keep it clean. Use a case humidifier and get a pigtail humidifier to install in the box. Those pigtails are called "Dampits," and cost around $17.

Use a quality guitar polish and cleaning agents for the fretboard. I would think that the fretboard is rosewood and it should not be allowed to dry out. Smudge marks from the body may be removed using a warm, slightly damp washcloth and then drying the instrument with a soft dry cloth.

You have a classic in more ways to count. Take care of it.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment