Monday, September 30, 2013

What's wrong with my guitar and how do I fix it?

guitar epiphone
 on Epiphone 1984 Explorer Electric Guitar
guitar epiphone image



Biggtrikst


I was playing my electric guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Special-II) when it suddenly stopped playing. On the clean and drive channels, the sound suddenly turned extremely low to point of being barely hearable. It doesn't sound as bad with overdrive on, but I still, I have no idea why this happened or what to do. The guitar is only 9 months old and has been fine since I got it. What's the problem and what should I do?


Answer
The problem is going to be either the amp, the cable, or the guitar. You have to eliminate what is working to figure out what isn't.

Did you try different positions on the toggle switch on the guitar to see if it's a pickup problem?

Also, try a different cable to see if something happened there. Cables and connectors are normally the weak link in any audio system.

Do you have access to another amp to try? Take your guitar and cable and try them in another amp. If they work there, then your amp has a problem.

Good luck.

Greetings from Austin, TX

Ken



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment